2023 Team

2023 Team
The 2023 Team

Monday, April 25, 2011

To The Mission Team / Students and Chaperones

Dear Students and Chaperones,
At 7:00 A.M. I spoke with Carolyn. When I asked how all of you were holding up she said you were doing fine and was 'moved' by the great number of you that have come to her and asked if there is anything you could do. To everyone reading this blog: how does that sound for the character of the young people on this team. Did we expect anything less?
Needless to say you didn't buy into this when you signed up for our mission trip this year and even though I have apologized numerous times on this blog, I am coming right at you with this apology - I apologize to all of you for these circumstances. Overnight I have also come to learn that even when the skies over Tegucigalpa finally cleared early last evening, the pilots could not take off because they had circled so much they were out of 'duty time.'  So today, and even if it is a couple of days,  I ask you to deal with this in the best way you can. There are a great many people working on this for you. Yesterday alone there were 2300 hits on this blog - lots of people that love and miss you. I ask all of you students to help the chaperones in every way possible - they too desire to return home.
I have inquired about the current weather conditions and I know it is already hazy over Tegucigalpa. I can only continue to work with the airlines, our travel agent, and Frank, and hope that we are given a good option. I am going no where, doing nothing, until you are all safely home. Take Care, R. Seivert
 

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Seivert, As far as I'm concerned no apology is needed. I am grateful AJ has had this experience and this is just all part of what cannot be controlled.

    ReplyDelete