2023 Team

2023 Team
The 2023 Team

Friday, April 1, 2011

Message From Richard Seivert

Dear Springfield Catholic Mission Honduras,


Greetings from Gehlen Catholic. As I look forward to St. Thomas More from Rapid City, S.D. entering Honduras next Monday, I cannot fully appreciate that adventure without first and foremost speaking about Springfield Catholic and this mission team at the end of a very special time. It is Friday morning at about 5:25 our time and most of you will be awake in Esquias very soon. Many of you will experience, and maybe already have, a feeling like 'I don't want to leave, not just yet anyway.' Thoughts like, 'There is so much to do. How can I leave such a beautiful people.' We at Gehlen know those feelings and those thoughts all too well. We have them with each and every journey into Honduras. Please accept my deepest thanks for what you have done, the friends you have made, and the lasting bond that you formed with so many. I want to thank everyone, Merica, Frank, Sister Joan, Julio, Angel, Carlos, and Tacha. But mostly, I want to thank each one of you mission students and adults that 'put yourself out-there' - that got out of your comfort zone; that looked, held, smelled, and lived with poverty. My brother Francis can be hard to impress sometimes but three times during your mission he referred to 'what a great group of young people and adults' and added all three times about what 'hard workers' you were. The world is a little better today because of Springfield Catholic and your work. I wish each and everyone of you the best in the future. If you ever need me I promise to be there for you. Take Care Springfield Catholic, Richard E. Seivert, Director

P.S. check this blog for updates about their return home. I will try to post everything I know and hear from Frank or Merica.

No comments:

Post a Comment