2023 Team

2023 Team
The 2023 Team

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Teguc Day 6!

Sr. Renae: Sr. Kathy, is it too early to go to bed? Miss you. See you soon.



Corinne: I miss everyone! Today was by far the hardest day we have had here. Saying goodbye at the school and at the orphanage was absolutely heart-breaking. They all said ‘Hasta Manana” and we all broke down. The orphans especially have been abandoned already so many times, and leaving them behind hurt a lot. I am so excited to meet up with the rest of the group, but I think we all wish we could stay in the city for the rest of the days. I miss everyone back at home and I think about you all often. We were all worried about not being able to get out of the airport on Sunday since the airport was closed today. Luckily it rained tonight so we should be fine. The atmosphere here is so lively and it’s going to be tough saying goodbye. Love you all!



Katelyn: Today was definitely tough on all of us emotionally. Saying goodbye was one of the hardest things we have ever had to do. All the kids expected us to be returning tomorrow, and it broke our hearts to tell them we weren’t. On the brighter side, we got to see the food we all packed at Heelan get dropped off! We unpacked the boxes labeled with Bishop Heelan on them and took lots of pictures. It also rained so maybe all the smoke will lift! It also allowed us to wash off considering I haven’t showered in two days. Not kidding. Everyone else uses up the water (Julie). We are doing really well with one minute showers, but water is so scarce here. Julie’s not the only one. We are looking forward to going to Esquias tomorrow. Love everyone at home. Xoxo



Julie: Hello everyone! So I got my first IV today! And in Honduras no less! Guess what los estados unidos? The Honduran doctors say I don’t have dengue! Woot. Woot. Anyway, I wasn’t able to go to the school or the orphanage today, but in a way I feel blessed. I’m sure that would have drained me even more; having to say goodbye to all the kids I have fallen in love with here in Teguc. The girls brought me back pictures of little Alexis, and they brought me to tears. I was feeling much better by the time the food we packed at Heelan for Feed Just One arrived, so I was able to help unload the food. It was truly an amazing experience, especially because it was raining. I feel so blessed to be here and would not trade this experience for the world. I’m especially blessed for all the amazing people I am here with. Al was such a blessing today! He really helped me out! Talking to you today, Mom, made me feel so much better. I can’t wait to see you Sunday at the airport. I miss and love absolutely everyone back home! Erin, you know how sometimes I’m dramatic and say I think I might die, yeah I said that today… but I wasn’t being that dramatic. But look at me now world!! I’ll be up and at ‘em tomorrow!!



Jenny: Hi mama and family I miss and love you more and more each day. I was sad when you didn’t comment…start thinking of a good excuse! And Lexi! I just saw your comment today, why did you comment in such a random spot, dork! I miss you so so much can’t wait to see you! Thanks for cleaning the fort, I love you very very much!I really tried to prepare myself for the all the emotions today, but I did not do a good job. Right when we got to the school this morning, there was a line of about 50 kids waiting for us- talk about intimidating! We got it under control though, and I ended up playing “pato, pato, ganso” (duck, duck, goose) for over an hour. The morning went way too fast, and before we knew it, it was time to go. I didn’t think I was going to cry until a little girl named Jamie said “I love you” in English! Then I totally lost it. I wasn’t the only one though, we were all crying almost the whole way home. Then we went to the orphanage, and of course on our last day there, the kids were perfect angels. We all cried when we left then we came home, fell on our beds, and cried some more. These girls here have become my sisters (and Josh, of course). They are all so inspiring; I’m so blessed to be here with them. Lastly, I’ll miss you Tegucigalpa. No es adios, es hasta luego. (It’s not goodybye, it’s see you later) <3



Katie: Today was our last day in Tegucigalpa and it was extremely sad- so much more emotional than I was expecting. We had to say goodbye to the school children and the kids at the orphanage and it was absolutely heart-breaking. However, we leaned on each other and built even stronger relationships. I also realized that meeting the kids was worth the pain we felt today and this trip was even more than I had hoped for! I will miss Tegucigalpa SO much but I know I will return someday. Love to everyone back home!



Bailee: We knew this day was coming, but just as our arrival, no preparation could actually prepare us for the feelings we have endured. We may be saying good-bye to the special people who touched our lives in Tegucigalpa, but it is only “see you later” to Honduras, because I know I will be back one day. The most heart-breaking thing, for me, today was having a little boy at the orphanage run up to me and give me a big hug and said “hasta manana” (see you tomorrow). I didn’t know how to tell him that we wouldn’t be coming back. The children along with everyone else we met on this journey were so precious and touched my heart in more ways than one. I am sad to be leaving Teguc, but it only means I am just that much closer to seeing it again. Love and miss you mommy and daddy and Sammie. Nolie and Kal—I hope you’re not spending all your time playing COD. Sid—I guess I miss you too, but don’t sleep in my bed.



Josh: Hey everyone! It rained today! at any rate, we’ve all made it through all but one night of our stay in taygoose. I’m doing well, staying healthy (unlike some, pobre Julie). Hope everyone’s doing well, and I’ll see you all this easter!
ps. right after I finished, it started raining. HARD. I love this country.

9 comments:

  1. During one of the early meetings at Gehlen months ago, Mr. Seivert asked some of us who had been in Honduras before to give some advice to the people going this year. I remember encouraging you all to interect with the Hondurans and get to know them and know them well. I am so proud of all of you in Tegus for all you have done for those wondeful children. One of my favorite quotes comes from the musical Les Miserables: "To love another person is to see the face of God." I think you have all seen God in many, many ways these past few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny: "pato, pato, ganso"....¡Que divertido!

    Todas las chicas de Heelan: I'm so excited to hear about your trip when you return! I wish I could have gone with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie (aka Spanish 5), take care of yourself! You are one tough girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwhhhh girls my heart breaks for you all---it is often said it is better in life to give than to receive but when both are happening at the same time as you now are experiencing this phrase does little to help huh? What a trip this has been for you all! I can't wait to see you and hear all the tales! Have a peaceful night! God Bless!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep your head up Julie. You can't die on me!! Hopefully the iv will make ya feel better. Bob Marley says everything will be alright. :) Miss you! -EP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Goodbyes are so hard! I would still be crying...It will be fun to meet up with the rest of the group in the mountains. Chris W. and I have been sharing stories. Apparently you left out a few of the car details, Corinne. :) Connor and I left at 3:30 this morning and is so excited to see Andrew. Tucker may not be going anywhere for quite some time. Details on that later. Three more days! It still seems a long time away. Miss you all. 143 Corinne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate- Love to hear from you! you know what they say- "No pain-No gain!" Your pain is just your heart filling up with the Honduras children! You will return one day! Enjoy the rest of your time-it is going fast! Stay safe! Say hello to all the fine Crusaders and Fr. Cos.,too. We are waiting for your safe return! Much love to you baby! Mom, Dad, and the "littles"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda Sue - we miss you! We are so proud of what you are accomplishing and are very happy to hear that your mission work has been successful and rewarding. What you and the team are doing is amazing. We are excited to have you back home and will be ready to hear about your time in Honduras. We love you!! xoxox Ron and Deb, Jill, Jessica, Ashley/Josh, Mindy/Adam and Caden

    ReplyDelete
  9. come home guys! i miss you, i hope to be there in the airport! <3

    ct

    ReplyDelete