2023 Team

2023 Team
The 2023 Team

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Anyone Need a Nap?

 Today we took a break from the worksite to assemble beds and prep for doors to be installed.  We are very grateful that we had the nice weather yesterday for painting, because today was quite warm.  The kids worked hard assembling approximately 8 beds an hour.

Most here thought today’s lunch meal of chicken tacos was one of the best we had so far!  We then relaxed a bit and either enjoyed a siesta, or played some soccer.  After finishing beds, we took a short walk to the brand new park for a coca cola and a snack. 

We returned for supper, junta, and a wonderful bilingual mass with the Populorum boys and some of the ladies who have been helping us through the week.  Tomorrow we adventure to the city, check back for more!  This is a short blog due to the many student comments below.  Thanks so much for sending notes, they are so enjoyed!


















Thank you for making sure Valentino is being feed. My main meal has been pb and j, but they still taste good. Please make sure that Dawson washes my car if he is going to park in my garage spot. Also, tell Dawson that he should get up at 5 in the morning with dad because I am sure he is missing me not there. Miss you all yes even Dawson and Dylan, love Jayden.

 

Mom, there are no pictures of  me doing the house because I was doing gift bags for half a day and there were no hammers left when I was there. Hello Tessa, Kenzi, and Jasmine (the morning breakfast table) I miss you. Sincerely Brynn

 

Hello ya’ll thanks for the continued support and prayers for us; we are working very hard and efficient. Please continue to pray for us and give us strength to help everyone we can down here. Quade you are dead to me that was my prized achievement, I am kidding of course I miss your goofy and annoying self and can’t wait to see you again. Ava if you crash my truck I crash your car but I also miss you very much. Jossy run fast not slow. Love and miss you all, Zayne.

 

Aloha mama, missin you so much down here in Mexico. Gettin kinda cold down here, in mexico. Wish you would say you love me on the blog so I don’t feel left out. Progress down here is pretty fast. Figured I’d report since you have no idea. I’m known as the “Collora Azul” down here. CORY BERG, ICE BERG, BIG B IRG, 6’6 POWERHOUSE, how are the dogs I miss them. I thought of a new quote about bacon for ya, “don’t go bacon my heart, I couldn’t if I FRIED” jajajajajajaja (that’s the laughing sound in espanol). Spanish is my new first language. Soy es muy espanol. Love you all, Elliot….. eat rocks. Yours truly, your favorite son, the smart one, the handsome, THE PROJECT MANAGER/SUPORVISOR…..riley. JajaJ.

 

Hey mom! I miss you so much its crazy. I love reading your blogs and I wish to be hanging with you so bad! Blue is missed too and I would take his hot body over the noises here. Tell dad and drake that I love them and think about them so much! Please please tell landen that I cant wait to come home and hangout with him, I think about him non-stop. So excited to see you on Thursday…I miss you and love you tons, see you soon! All my love, Vaeh

 

 

 

Hey everyone! Miss you all, especially Hudson can’t wait to see him and play with him. Dad still haven’t updated me on what I asked. Thanks Sami for updating me. Mom and Bob miss you guys and I want pizza when I get home. Brother Jared miss you a lot can’t wait to talk to you and hear from you. Rachel miss you and the boys can’t wait to see you and hear from you guys. Laine and Dwurth can’t wait to hear from you guys hopefully and  can’t wait to see you all have something fun planned when I get back. Friend Jared miss you and cant wait to hear from you Make sure you got something fun planned for me when I get back. Hannah miss you a lot and can’t wait to hear and talk to you hope you are keeping my streaks. Love you all and can’t wait to see you all. From Trevor

Hey all, glad everything is going well. I’ve been meeting some really great people here, and the other missioners are great too. I’m glad I had the opportunity to go. Emma, hope school is going well for you. I miss you too. Sarah, hope you haven’t been too sad without me. The days till I see you again are winding down, so you have something to look forward to. Dad, it sure sounds busy out at the farm. Hope to see the house is in one piece when I get back. I’m excited to play catch with you when I get back. Tessah, I hope you’ve been keeping mom company during school days. Can’t wait to see you either. Mom, Hope you haven’t missed me too much. Love you all, See you soon. Love, David

Hey mom! Glad to hear that you don’t have to take care of so many dogs anymore and that Michael is doing well. Please give updates on Milo, seeing the dogs here make me appreciate our crazy puppy. Tell Marcus that track is good for him and too keep drinking water. The food here is soooooo good, better than your cooking, I’ll try to get the recipes. Tell the volleyball team good luck at Regional’s and that I miss them very much, I also taught some kids the griddy which they seem to like. I would really like dad to say something but its ok I guess. Tell Preston I miss him very much and that he’d be proud of how much I’m lifting and building. Also tell him that the kids are so much fun and he would love them. I hope Nora and Gabi aren’t missing me to much, I’ve also been nicknamed cupcake which is cool. Love your favorite, most cool, and smart daughter. Miyah

 

Hi Dad, Mom, and Micah. I miss you like crazy (when I think about you guys lol) We’ve been kept very busy so there isn’t much time to dwell on things which I love. I knew I was going to love it here, but I didn’t realize I would love it this much. It is so peaceful and beautiful out here I don’t think I ever want to leave. It’s crazy how silly the things I worry about at home seem now. The people here are great and I feel like this is my second home (sorry grandma!) Don’t worry I’m eating ( the food here is actually a slay) Mom and Dad, I hope work is great and you’re not sick of just dealing with Micah. Micah, I hope you are having fun doing all the chores ( don’t worry I somehow still have to do the dishes here some days.) I also hope you’re having fun driving yourself in every single day. Micah, tell all my friends I miss them like crazy. Mom and dad, I guess you guys can tell everyone that too if you want. I love the letters and am reading one or two every day. I love you all and will see you soon. And remember to keep……SLAYING. –Much love from your favorite child, grandchild, and person- McKenna Mary


14 comments:

  1. Hi, my love! 8 beds an hour....way to get after it you guys!!! Chicken tacos sound delicious! Dad just asked me to take him to LaJaunita's which was a hard no. We have 8:00 mass tomorrow for grandpa....he would be so proud of you!!! After mass, Drake and I are serving donuts for Team Connect. Drake doesn't know about serving donuts yet...I'm sure he will be thrilled. His servants heart is still being molded lol. The Celtics took 3rd today at the tourney. The first game was rough. Did well game two and three. We saw Jayden's family tonight at a new restaurant in Alton called the Train Station. We went there with the Konz's, Small's, and Langel's. It was nice! The boys all hung at the Konz's. Dad wanted me to share with you that Florida Atlantic and UConn are headed to the Final 4. Tomorrow Creighton plays San Diego State and Miami plays Texas. The winner of those two games will head to the Final 4 too. LETS GO CREIGHTON!!!!!! We miss you too, Vaeh. We are continuing to pray for you and your team on the ground in Honduras. You all are doing great works and touching many lives. Proud mama!!! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Brynn! Miss talking to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miyah! It’s Sunday lunch time here and we are missing you! Nora and Gabi are missing you like crazy!! It is also very quiet in the office in the mornings at school! Can’t wait to see you soon- will have a Bubblr waiting for you.

    We are so proud of the work you are doing. Can’t wait to hear your amazing stories when you return! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David, I had to run to Menards again yesterday to pick up more fittings for the project and I saw a lot of turkeys out in the field. Several toms on full strut. 1st season opens April 10. Keep up the good work. We'll see you later this week. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey David!!
    Well, I am happy to report that the rabbit is alive and doing well! Well as of last night anyway and today is a new day. He is getting very brave he is checking out the front yard and exploring there. Funny though as soon as someone is by the cage feeding the others, he is right there with them. Things do look and sound somewhat bleak for him as the girls heard more than one coyote last night. We are going to go out to visit Uncle Dave, Aunt Leslie and Emmy in a little bit. I will let you know in the next post how the rabbit fared during the night.
    Grandma and Grandpa are watching the blog. Grandma called yesterday and I had to tell her that she needed to refresh the page to see the most current activity. She is probably reading this comment now. Hi Mom:) ! I take the van in tomorrow. Not really looking forward to driving the car for a few days. Hopefully it is done by Thursday afternoon. Sarah goes in for her first ortho appt tomorrow, she is a little nervous for that.
    We all miss you very much. Not sure if you understood that we miss you from the girls' comments, but we do!! I guess getting a little taste of what is to come next year. Poor Dad the lonesome man in the house;)
    It looks like you have all achieved so much in the short time you have been there!
    The difference you are making is so wonderful. God Bless you all!!
    We love you, David. The girls will write to you tonight when we get back from the farm!
    Have great Sunday!
    Can't wait to hear all of the details of your Mission!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everyone had a great day at mass and shopping. It is crazy to think that a week ago already we were packing the black bags. Time is flying by here and I am sure it is for you guys also. Enjoy the rest of your time and love seeing the daily updates and pictures.
    Jayden - Dawson did wash your car and it is still parked inside so it is actually staying clean. Rare for your car:) There is no way him or I (for that matter) will be up at 5AM when Dad leaves and you are right he is missing your smiling face greeting him. The early wake up call while there shouldn't be that hard for you, but I doubt you are getting to bed as early as you do most nights at home. Dylan had to rub it in that he golfed 18 holes yesterday in Cedar Falls. Still no golfing here, but we did finally miss out on a snowstorm that is hitting other parts of Iowa, including Dylan today. I hope you are at least trying the different foods, but no surprise that PB&J is your go to. Keep up the great work and love seeing your smile in the pictures. Love you and miss you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Saturday was still a fun day and you enjoyed all the bunkbed making! Continued prayers for safety, projects going well, and that the Honduran people continue to touch your heart!
    Chris and Jack: The pictures look like you are not doing much... I am just kidding! love you both!
    Keep doing God's Work,
    Love
    Isabelle Schmit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Riley, glad to hear all is going well for you and the team. Sounds like your Mexican getting better by the day. Corey and I sure miss you in Honduras while you are Mexico, wish you were here with us. I could use a big hug right now. You will need a haircut when you get home. Can't wait to see you and hope you're having lots of fun while working hard. I'm sure your sister is very jealous and maybe Elliot misses you, I can ask him when I get home for you. Love you, Bergalicious and mamasita.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Miyah, I finally figured out how to do this! I hope your having fun, I miss you so much. I'm so bored. I have literally watched every tik tok that exists. I cant wait for you to get back and tell me a bunch of amazing stories. keep doing great things. I'm so proud of you I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. To Trevor, from Bob: Looks like you are working very and I am proud of you. I will give your car a bath for the first time this year.
    To Jenna from Bob: Good morning and good night! Looks like you are doing a great job running those power tools. Sending you a big hug and I am proud of you also. Love Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  11. McKenna,
    Thank you for the update! We are so happy that you are loving your trip. Lori and Ray were home this weekend so flu shots had a good crowd. We have had so many people comment on how much Shayla and you look alike in the pictures posted. As you can imagine Micah loved all of your "slay" comments. If you can get the recipes for everything you like, I will have Dad make them. We have your ads done for the play and have prom slip turned in and you have play pictures on Friday. Glad you are still getting to do some dishes but I bet you are missing your music while doing them. We miss you and can't wait to see you on Thursday.
    We love you!
    Mom, Dad and Micah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Miyah,
    This weekend I got to sleep over at Carson and Brighton's house. We did not get to go swimming. Last week I went to track. I miss my sister. I love you! See you Thursday!
    Love Marcus

    Hey there! We have been busy, but not as busy as you. I hope that you had a wonderful time today on the adventure into the city. Dad's track meet was cold in Omaha on Saturday. But we were able to enjoy some time with Strims for dinner after the meet. We stayed with Scott and Morgan. The four of us, Michael and Kayla got to spend time together this weekend as well. We had brunch today at Henry's Diner!! Always good food there. But it sounds like you are enjoying the food being made for you as well. I am glad it is better than mine. :) Milo is getting lots of love while you are gone. He is sitting right next to me as I type this. Aunt Nita took care of him while we were in Omaha. They went on a couple walks. We treated him to a new treat dispenser toy. He hasn't let go of it since we gave it to him. Reminds me of the pacifier toy and Indie.
    Continue to be the blessing to those you meet, work with and are serving. Already looking forward to tonight's post. Blessing to you and the team.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well Miss Miyah, I'm glad you are doing fine and learning to build houses and beds. You will be able to help at home a lot more lol!!! I do agree with Preston that you are getting swoll!! Any way I want you to know I always knew you would get the chance to do great things and the theme of this trip suits all of you fine "Let it start with me." Keep blessing the people of Honduras and you will be blessed!!! Love and miss you Biscuit. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Trevor and Jenna,
    Hope today was filled with some fun and maybe a siesta after Mass and some shopping. You’ve all worked so hard and are well deserving of some time to refresh although I imagine you all are anxious to continue doing the work God called you to do. So proud of you all. Trevor and Jenna - Rachael and the boys just left (we had Milo most of the day so Rachael and Hudson could have a mommy and Hudson afternoon.) I asked Hudson if he wanted me to tell you both anything and he said “I love you Uncle T and Auntie Nenna and miss you!” Can’t wait to show you some of the videos we got today of the boys! Trevor-Dad says besides the hog confinement fire it’s been pretty quiet. Oh and your helmet light will be here Tuesday! Jenna we can’t wait to hear about your first Honduras experience. Again we are so proud of you and miss you both so much and love you both! Keep working hard! See you both Thursday!! Love, Dad, Danielle, Beau and Carter

    ReplyDelete