2023 Team

2023 Team
The 2023 Team

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Morning Message from Francis


14 March 2019
Colonia Nueva Capital, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
0550 hours
Greetings from a very quiet Santa Teresa Jesus school in Colonia Nueva Capital.  Not much movement last night and so far this morning.  I’m sure all members of the team are fast asleep after a hard and emotional day of traveling and then getting here to the school.  Much excitement as Carolyn said in her blog report last night.
Currently 62 F in Tegucigalpa heading to a paltry high of 88 F in the capital city.  Santa Teresa school is at about 1300-1400 meters so the temps will be a little different but still warmer than these team members have seen for a long time.
I have been joined in the kitchen area drinking coffee by 2 of the Hondurans that stay at the school and travel to the city to study.  I also had 2 other guests.  The 2 cats running around looking for a handout.  Cute, clean and friendly.  I think they get plenty of attention.
Usual cast of characters during the night…roosters crowing, dogs barking, a few trucks and people walking to catch a bus to go into the city.  This is more towards morning.  The cooks are starting to prepare breakfast and I’m sure now that there is more movement and some of the gringos like Bruce and others will be joining this small cast of kitchen characters for coffee.
Today work will begin.  Carolyn, Linda, Bruce and Pat have the day planned.  The military truck will be here around 0630 – 0700 hrs to starting the process of hauling the wood and other materiel to the work site.  The team will see it is rough terrain.  Challenges, yes, but they too will be overcome.  I’m sure the team will be more tired tonight than last. 
I will quit for now but will try and blog each morning about this time about the weather and other general tidbits.  Carolyn will be the main blogger about the day’s activities and pictures.  Now 0505 hrs and still no gringos looking for coffee.  Time will tell.
Mr. Francis P. Seivert aka Poncho

10 comments:

  1. I love the update Frank, I feel like I am right there with you all! Wishing you all a productive day! (Hi D, we miss you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone!

    I want to start off by saying how thankful I am for all you students who took a leap of faith by deciding to go on this trip. I know you all had to make sacrifices for this 12 days, however, it really brings out your true, unselfish character and you will not regret it. To the chaperones, thank you all so much for donating your time, you guys amazed me with your leadership and ability to teach this non house builder how to build a house. I miss you all so much, you guys have all made a lasting impact on me and I hope we will talk soon!
    To the kids, again, take in everything, write it down, be present, hug excessively, and lastly spend every free minute you have with the kids. They are what you will remember most. It has been over 365 days since I've returned and to this day I have thought about them every single day in some way. I know you will be tired and worn out, but you can rest when you return. You can't get back these times.
    Make sure to give the little stinker Kenny, Niecey (i don't know if thats spelled right) and Alex and his little boys a big hug as they are who I yearn for the most. and of course Roberto, Roberto is the best :)(also the best translator)

    Again, I'm so thankful for what you all are doing. I can't wait to read and follow the blog and hear about it from Bradi when she returns.

    Blessings
    Addison

    P.S. girls, I hope you love the wake up calls, there is really nothing better :) and Caden don't forget that we don't care for the cheese haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful to hear that you all have made it to your destination! I hope you are all staying dry and warm. We are currently flooding in our neck of the woods. Kingsley school closed today as did many other schools. Moville has declared a state of emergency as all of the main roads are covered by water and closed. Good luck, stay safe, have fun, and remember we are all sending up our prayers for you and the people of Honduras!

    Erin Hoffman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are all enjoying your time and warm weather in Honduras. NW Iowa is a soggy, dreary mess. All is well back here though, just messing gravel roads. Drew, I had to give in an make Buddy a half a hot dog as he was being stubborn and not eating since you two left. Guessing he is going to hold off eating every day now until I give him one. I even let him sit on my lap last night for a while. Enjoy your time and I can not wait to hear all your stories and see what you two have been up too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Grandma, I wish you were here.I made a count down so I can keep track of when you are coming back home.from Mya. Dear Grandma, I love. I miss you. from Cayden. Hi Carolyn- We got out of school early today due to flooding. It is pretty bad here. Lots of roads are closed and water is everywhere! So far, all of our basements are dry. We hope you are doing well and not working too hard with only one arm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Moe! We are definitely going on a late night ice cream run when you get back. Have fun and enjoy the time while you are down there, time will move so fast! Give the kids a bunch of hugs for me. Love you and talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful addition to the blog, Francis! For those of us who check the blog frequently, this was a joyous surprise this morning! Thank you so very much! Not only for the blog post, but especially for everything you have done before, during and after our loved ones are there. Obviously, thanks to Carolyn, Richard, and others as well. You have done so much to make this opportunity possible and countless people are forever grateful.
    Francis, I hope you enjoy getting to know this new team and witness their journey in becoming more and more like Jesus.
    Blessings and prayers,
    Pam Schmit

    Love and hugs, Ken and Cody! Remember the sunscreen!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Melinda! Everything is going good here... besides the flooding! No flooding where we are in Sioux Falls and grandpa gets to go home on Saturday and finish his treatments closer to home. Grandpa and grandma wish you a happy birthday too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello all! I am glad the weather is warm there! It is windy and very wet here! No water in the basement yet!!! Yay! Enjoy the journey Dan, Sage and all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pictures say it all, I LOVE seeing your smiles. It is so heartwarming to see the Honduran children working beside you, Tom your friend found you again this year! :) I miss you Tom and Meredith and everytime I go outside Baily looks at me and then seems to be looking for you guys! The hallways are too quiet without you seniors, and so is World Relgions Katie! :) Enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete