2023 Team

2023 Team
The 2023 Team

Friday, March 15, 2019

Morning From Francis


15 March 2019
Colonia Nueva Capital, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
0445 hrs
As this new day begins I find myself alone in the cocina (kitchen) with only 1 of the 2 cats that call this home.  All others are still sleeping (gringos) but the local Honduran youth that stay here and study are starting to rouse.  Coffee is on, but the light is still green meaning it is not ready yet.  It will be soon. 
Once again the usual cast played out the quiet of the night.  I just wish those roosters would stake out their turf earlier in the day as opposed to all night.  Same story with the dogs.  Buses are already starting their day to carry workers down into the city of Tegucigalpa for work.  Many of the local Honduran boys will enjoy the very, and I mean very typical morning meal of tortilla’s and whatever is left over from yesterday.  Thankfully they are able to enjoy some of the food the team has daily.
Not much other movement from the GMH group.  The excitement of the first day has worn off and the group will probably have a much slower start today than yesterday.  Carolyn will bring you up to date on the activities of yesterday and the junta last evening.  I’m sure she will send more photos.
Current temperature in Tegucigalpa, (Tegus) is 56 F, heading to another warm day of 87 F.  Like I mentioned yesterday not much wind here during the day and since we are about 1400-1500 meters of altitude it might be a couple degrees cooler.  But, the sun is overhead.  Honduras is at 14 degrees N latitude.  So for most this is a hot sun after being in Iowa during the cold months.
Much more action now in the cocina (kitchen) so I need to check out the coffee.  The team will enjoy another hard day of work.  Carolyn will have the report later this afternoon.
Francis aka Poncho

9 comments:

  1. I teach with Mary Hunt. Would you ask her if we can share some of the information from this blog with her students? They are asking about her :)
    Thank you,
    Laura Mesz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, the sun is shining in lemars. Have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing journey you are all having. I look forward to reading this post every morning to check on Lori and Adam...and all of you of course!! God's blessings on your work and stay hydrated!! Love and hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many of you read Jesus Calling and today I thought of you all. “ There is immense hidden treasure to be found through listening to Me. Though I pour out blessings upon you always, some of my riches blessings have to be actively sought. I love to reveal Myself to you, and you’re seeking heart opens you up to receive more of My disclosure. Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be open to you.“
    Zephaniah 3:17 “ The Lord, your God, is in your midst, a mighty Savior; He will rejoice over you with gladness, and renew you in his love, He will sing joyfully because of you, as one sings at festivals.“
    Go.Do.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Grandma-I hope you come back soon. I love you. Love Paige

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from North American Martyrs second grade in Lincoln, NE!! Hello John and Katie! I just shared the photos from last nights blog and my second graders. They are amazed at what they saw and in what you are doing! We were talking about the houses you are building and the people who will live in them. Several of my students were asking how "big" the house will be. Can you share the size of the cement slab that the houses are being built on? I would like to make a math lesson and have my students do some measuring (we are learning inches) and compare it to the size of our classroom. My students also wanted me to share that we are praying for you each day. God Bless! Miss Peters (Marsha) and my second graders

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good day, Missioners! The sun is shining brightly here, too, today! Special hello to Dylan- I talked to Great Grandma today and she asked about you- wants to make sure you and your whole group know that she is so proud of you and are in her prayers.
    You're always in our thoughts and prayers!God's blessings to all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scott and Drew the house is very quiet at home. Deven comes home today so I will probably drive him nuts talking to him. You know how I can be. 50 questions about his life. I love seeing you in the pictures Carolyn is posting. Scott, I know you are loving every minute of this as mission. It is who you are. Sunny day today but not quite the warmth you are having. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Grandma, Max and Chunk are doing grate.I love you so much. Love Mya.

    ReplyDelete